Our Mission, Operations, and Infrastructure Protection Division within Leidos has an opening for a Training Specialist. The candidate will provide training development and execution with a focus on chemical demilitarization and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives (CBRNE) in support of Department of Defense and private sector contracts.
Our ideal candidate will work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical training products specific to CBRNE and all hazards support programs. These programs include, but will not be limited to, Chemical Materials Activity (CMA) Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD) non-stockpile munitions disposal efforts, joint military equipment system development and fielding programs, military collective protection programs, and various local, state, and federal first responder support efforts.
This position will be located in Edgewood, Maryland with a primary customer base at Aberdeen Proving Ground - South.
- Expected to lead and/or conduct a full range of training activities in support of government operations. This includes, but may not be limited to training needs analyses, training course development and updates, interactive multimedia training development and/or update, training coordination and site setup, classroom and virtual training execution, formative and summative evaluations, functional area feedback, and lessons learned.
- Assist in the monitoring and tracking of training readiness for customers and project stakeholders.
- Conduct training in classroom and field environments, in varying weather and climatic conditions, and at military installations.
- Assist in the development of in-process review briefings, review, comment on, and develop training-related documents, plans and reports, draft technical papers, work closely with project teams, monitor cost and schedule of projects, participate in project evaluations, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Support regularly scheduled training meetings with the customer to identify current and future needs, and to recommend training improvements where necessary.
- Grow into a primary liaison role between Leidos and the customer for all matters related to training.
- Bachelor’s degree with five to ten years of professional experience in civilian or military training arenas.
- Local travel of up to 25%.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- Experience working on or managing a task order as both a prime and subcontractor.
- Demonstrated experience working with prime contractors to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Experience conducting training needs analyses and developing course materials.
- Firsthand experience developing and/or conducting training in chemical demilitarization and/or CBRNE operations.
- Technical equipment aptitude – mechanical, electrical, pneumatics experience and/or understanding.
- Interactive multi-media instruction development and execution experience.
- Familiarity with the ADDIE model for instructional design.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.