The 363rd Intelligence Support Squadron currently has an opening for a Project Officer to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Wing (ISRW) and Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. The Project Officer (PO) will organize and manage all phases of projects to achieve mission success. The PO assists the project manager (PM) in capturing the Government’s requirements; as well as tracking and controlling the project’s cost, schedule and performance. The PO will also assist the PM in maintaining several service acquisition efforts on behalf of the 363d ISR Wing. In addition, the PO will provide status updates, reports, and briefings to leadership and stakeholders. The work for this position will be performed in a Special Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) located at Langley AFB Hampton, VA.
- Manage projects including equipment relocation, Uninterrupted Power Supplies, generators service, cleaning service, Security Plan coordination, and intelligence centric communications systems.
- Ensure project goals are achieved: Perform a technical review of documents.
- Identify/analyze risks and resolve issues.
- Implement changes and interventions as needed to minimize mission disruptions.
- Facilitate change requests and inform all parties of impacts to schedule and budget
- Submit project deliverables and ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Advise and coordinate with local managers in all phases of project management; Ensure compliance with mission requirements, guidelines, and directives
- Ensure customer satisfaction, safety, and team performance meet user needs
- Utilize technical knowledge and experience to effectively communicate with other stakeholder
- Establish effective project communication plans.
- Gather, analyze and summarize relevant information to maintain project status
- Produce timely reports of project status; provide weekly presentation to leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in Business, Project Management, or Engineering
- 7 years of experience in Project Management or acquisition project
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Budget management experience
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to decide and act independently without oversight to further assigned projects.
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance single-scope background investigation. TS with SCI eligibility accepted.
- PMP Certificate is desired
- Previous Air Force intelligence experience/NAVAIR/USACE/AFIMSC/AFCEC is desired
- Strong written and oral communications skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.