The Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Finance and Business Operations Manager supporting the Air Force National Capital Region (AFNCR) program working in Andrews Air Force Base, with ability to travel to Reston, VA (Headquarters) as needed. This leader will have a staff of analysts supporting an enterprise level program. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can work with program personnel/leadership, external customer stakeholders, and Leidos senior leadership.
- Developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the program’s revenue and costs
- Managing a small to mid-sized team of business finance professional staff to ensure financial compliance, cost management, budget development and proposal support.
- Communicating key business insights and recommendations to achieve the program’s current and future goals and making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit/process improvements
- Interpreting operating results, evaluating and approving expenditure decisions, and identifying operational risk factors
- Managing the month-end close process and performing variance/trend analyses
- Supporting and driving program growth initiatives
- Managing and developing relationships with the external customer; operating as a business partner to improve financial performance
- Creating business cases inclusive of financial modeling
- Performing program-level risk management assessments
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects highly preferred
- Experience working with a variety of government customers and management of IT type work
- Proficient in Program Finance process, practices and policies
- Active Secret clearance
- Strong command of cost accounting and revenue recognition practices and policies
- Ability to thoroughly review EACs for accuracy and compliance
- Financial forecasting and analysis for large complex programs
- Experience with supporting $200M+ programs/portfolios
- Proficient in developing various financial and baseline models
- MBA degree
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.