The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active duty military services members and their families at all military installations CONUS and OCONUS to enhance and maintain military and family readiness. The program supports over 2500 behavioral health personnel who provide rotational, on-demand, surge and crisis response services globally.
Leidos seeks an experienced emergency preparedness/contingency planning professional to work with the Military Family Life Counseling (MFLC) program: a Rapid Response Planning Specialist to design, develop, implement and execute situation-specific playbooks to facilitate effective, rapid, and appropriate response to events across geographical locations and across all branches of the armed services.
As part of the Counselor Center of Excellence (CCE), the Rapid Response Planning Specialist position works under the direction of the CCE Manager to coordinate training and outreach efforts in support of Rapid Response Planning. When surge or crisis events occur, the R2P specialist will report directly to the Program Manager to execute response
Develop, execute, maintain and provide training for an MFLC-adapted R2P2 process and playbooks.
The R2P Specialist will train the Mission Ready Response team (MRsR) in crisis response and surge response processes to ensure timely, effective, customer-oriented response to identified events.
R2P Specialist works with data from the CCE Data Manager and Data Analyst to evaluate and categorize risk across the globe and target effective response plans across stratified need with regard to both scope and scale.
This position may deploy with the MRR when appropriate.
Due to the nature of this position, additional clearances may be required and the ability to travel with little to no notice is assumed.
Specific areas of performance include:
- Establishing a development team to assist with identification of best practices and contribute to the planning, design, and evaluation of the R2P response playbooks.
- Developing and testing the processes, and executing rapid responses to unplanned, unscheduled, or short-notice events such as natural disasters, mass casualty events, or pandemics.
- Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans in order to implement organizational strategies.
- Conducts tests or rehearsals and training the MRR team in a variety of situations.
- Contingency operations and disaster planning.
- Acts as a SME resource and standing liaison with personnel regarding all matters necessitating a Rapid Response Plan.
- Working with the MRR, the R2P Specialist maintains a “tiger team” that is ready and prepared to respond and manage crisis events within 24 hours and remaining in place until surge personnel is identified and in place.
- Typically does not have budget accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum five years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects of a similar scope or scale, or progressive leadership in similar work with demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of the duties as written (i.e., has operated in a Deputy capacity on a similar project).
- Five years minimum in Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Preparedness, Contingency Planning, or R2P2 required.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Military experience, including MilSpouse, Veteran or past DoD experience strongly desired
- Previous work in Behavioral Health/Health Care a plus