Leidos has a job opening for a Full-stack Developer Intern in Tucson, AZ.
The successful candidate will support efforts that will focus on developing/maturing our technology and capabilities in one or more technical areas including, but not limited to cyber security, mobile apps, key management, and cloud computing.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a large, cutting edge web application system development and integration effort.
- Help code and test full-stack Java-based web application software based on an Agile Scrum or Kanban approach. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team.
- Assist in using sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant.
- Apply knowledge of secure software development principles and techniques
- Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, work as a team member or independently, be able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
- Rising college junior or senior with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar discipline. GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience working with software design patterns and Java Web Application Development.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience using some of the following Programming Languages and tools:
Front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, jQuery UI), Open source, Cloud Platforms, Linux, Windows, MVC, OO programming, web architecture.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in Scrum Methodology.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in implementing key management systems and knowledge of key management standards such as PKCS 11 are highly desirable.
- Tucson area candidates are preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.