Leidos, Inc. has an immediate job opening in Alexandria, Virginia for a Defense Global Force Management Data Analyst to contribute to a program supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Joint Data Support (JDS).
- The Defense Global Force Management Data Analyst will participate in developing data about forces, units and associated equipment; use experience, subject matter expertise to assist with strategic and operational planning; and research various military topics of interest to the United States.
- Candidate will leverage Global Force Management (GFM) data and tools and Global Force Management Data Initiative (GFMDI) data, technical development to conduct and support studies and analysis.
- Analyst will also provide support to the development of Joint Staff and OSD tools and data systems (e.g., the Joint Staff’s GFMDI, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)’s ADVANA), to improve the collection and use of standardized U.S. force structure data.
- The analyst will participate in developing data about global force management. Candidate will work with joint programs and seek to understand service requirements, track and mind historical data sets and make projections about the future.
- Analyst will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior leadership inquiries and be capable of briefing the material. Analyst will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study. Candidate will develop executive summaries, coordinate materials, evaluate, post and disseminate products.
- The candidate will be reviewing, recognizing, gathering appropriate data, and transforming that data to meet the customer’s requirements. Candidate must be able to perform queries, manipulate spreadsheets, calculate information and perform data acquisition. The analyst will be required to independently navigate tools in order to detect and trace data trends and transform the information into defined products.
- Nominee will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior-leadership inquiries.
- The analyst must be capable of briefing the data product directly to senior leadership. In addition, candidate must be able interact with other teams and directly consult with the government customer.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance upon hire
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Science, Technology or other related discipline and 12 years of related experience (additional experience may be substituted for degree) or a Masters Degree and 10 years of relevant work history.
- Strong experience and understanding of: Global Force Management
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Competence in data manipulation and metadata development
- Military experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Project management skills
- Planning and organizational skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.