The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-242).
This position will be 100% remote with up to 10% travel.
- Review facility assessments performed by others, identifying needs, and consolidating multiple needs into groups of similar needs so that the number of new originations required per site is minimized.
- Research existing originations/Job Control Number (JCN) in CWP and modify the scope of proposed new originations to avoid duplication.
- Coordinate with the System Support Centers (SSC)s and District Office (DO)/NAS Plan Program Managers to confirm that proposed originations are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with Service Area (SA) Program Implementation Managers (PIM)s, requirements specialists, and National Airspace System Defense Programs (NDP) liaisons to resolve potential conflicts between proposed new originations and existing JCNs.
- Create new originations in CWP.
- Work with the UIS/Long Range Radar (LRR) Program Office (PO) to enhance the capabilities of the database as directed.
- Provide support to the PO on other UIS asset related tasks.
- Coordinate with the UIS PO to maintain and update UIS AD as necessary.
- Conduct facility assessment as directed.
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.