Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Residential Field Energy Specialist (FES). This is an important position that will have a large impact on an already successful organization that provides energy Program design, implementation, and consulting. The Residential FES is responsible for recruiting, enrolling, training and the overall relationship of contractors (Program Allies) throughout the northern Ameren Illinois territory. The FES accomplishes this by direct contact with current and potential PAs. In order to provide the full range of Program services, the FES coordinates activity with the Field Operations Lead and other internal teams. The FES will be based out of a home office and may be required to report to the Peoria office several times a month.
Location: This position will work from home, but must live in the Champaign/Urbana, Decatur, Springfield, Peoria – Illinois area.
• Program Ally, customer, and client relations
• Presenting Program goals and opportunities, developing/facilitating/nurturing business relationships, and explaining technical/operational issues to Program Allies, customers, and client
• Meet Program goals for recruitment of new and development of existing Program Allies in terms of expected development of Program capacity and delivery of production and savings goals of the Program
• Ensure Program Allies are properly register for participation, including meeting insurance requirements, proper certification or accreditation, and proper completion of the various Program participation agreements and addendums
• Ensure Program Allies are aware of all current Program guidelines, incentives, and requirements
• Ensure Program Allies are properly equipped to participate in the Program and are aware of training opportunities available through the Program
• Conduct home energy assessments, as needed, which will require entering residential attics, basements and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; interacting with homeowners; and generating a report to the customer
• Coordinate and provide guidance to assigned groups of weatherization installers/agencies, assessors, and contractors to ensure weatherization work is conducted safely, effectively and efficiently
• Conduct inspections for select Residential Energy Efficiency Programs ensuring all aspects of Program guidelines and approved work scopes are met
• Inspect and ensure Program Ally work performs and is installed per Program policy
• Providing Programmatic and field technical support to Program staff, Program Allies, and customers
• Ensure proper and timely reporting of Program progress to the Program Manager
• Knowledge of safe work practices to ensure the job site and personnel maintain compliance with the same
• Ability to learn and implement Program guidelines, incentive systems and requirements
• Staying current on latest Program initiatives, policies, procedures, etc. and proposing ideas for improvement
• Ongoing training and education will be provided to keep staff current on latest building science techniques
• Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly activity reports and track progress towards individual and Program goals
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 1+ year of experience. High School diploma with additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Should have prior experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies
• Basic knowledge of integrated building science is highly desired
• Candidate must have current Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification or will be required to obtain BPI certification within six months of hire
• Demonstrated computer skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with Salesforce CRM
• Excellent customer relations skills including ability to understand concerns and ability to suggest solutions
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks
• Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet multiple deadlines
• 50% travel may be required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.