Leidos has an opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in Lynnwood, WA. This position requires US citizenship and a Secret security clearance. This position is responsible for supporting assembly, test, and production work related to electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications.
- Electrical assembly
- Wire harness fabrication utilizing wire splicing, crimping, molex connector installation and soldering on a multitude of different connectors and cable types.
- Circuit board component installation using approved soldering techniques for surface mount and through-hole mount components on multi-layer printed circuit boards.
- Circuit card assembly inspection and test.
- Mechanical assembly
- Assembly and test of various mechanical systems
- Potting and encapsulation of connectors and electronics
- Reads, understands and follows engineering assembly drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and misc. supporting documentation.
- Uses various hand tools to assemble mechanical components into larger assemblies.
- Able to troubleshoot assembly issues under limited supervision.
- Supports documentation standards by filling out serial number records, traveler records, work orders, and non-conformance reports.
- Lab and equipment
- Supports the creation of work orders, test procedures, and safety procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Manages lab equipment and assembly fixtures, supporting repair tasks, or seeking assistance of project personnel to keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Utilizes standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, etc.) to assess and troubleshoot electronic assemblies.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience.
- Current active SECRET security clearance.
- Must have experience reading schematics and drawings.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have experience with the operation and use of basic machine shop tools and wood working shop tools (i.e. Grinder, router, sander, bandsaw, sandblaster, etc.).
- Must have hands on experience in electrical and mechanical assembly, soldering, and use of basic electrical test equipment.
- Capable of soldering to J-STD-001
- Familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to switch from one task to another at a moment’s notice.
- Must be able to keep work space clean and free from grit, dust etc.
- Needs to work well with others and be able to communicate and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Is capable of interacting with customers, peers, and supervisors with professionalism.
- Average physical mobility to move around an office or lab environment, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per year.
- 2 year degree in electronics.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated sensors, underwater cables/connectors (including molding/potting), control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and acoustic sensors.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Fiber Optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Certified to J-STD-001 Solder Standard.
- Prior experience using milling machine and lathe.
- ISO manufacturing experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.