Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a pro-active Cloud Architect and Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. As a Cloud Engineer on this program, you will design, develop, and implement a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with cloud-first and AWS native architectures, AWS Console, CLI, and Manage Services
- Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
- Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Use knowledge for IT systems to include, but not limited to;
- Linux baselines: CentOS and Ubuntu, Bash Scripting and hardening protocols
- Micro-Services: building decoupled systems, utilizing RESTful endpoints and lightweight systems
- Data Management: landing zones, data lakes, and data movement restrictions for security
- Development: Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Security: understanding of information security postures for members of the Intelligence Community, engineering of secure solutions, and experience providing security documentation
- Operations: continuous deployments, rip and replace architectures, dynamic monitoring, and quick-response operations up-time
- CI/CD tools: Git and Jenkins
- Significant experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Candidate must have BS degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate)
- At least 2 years of C2S experience
- Cloud formation
- Server less architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.