The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Computer Software Front End Developer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Required to have four (4) years of experience in front end software development
- Proven experience ensuring compliance with Section 508 standards from the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Design and produce web-based user interfaces that drive backend servers using RESTful APIs
- Produce automated functional tests for web-based user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma
- Implement front end solutions that utilize angular state management technologies such as RxJS, Akita, NGXS, or NGRX.
- Train other team members on Angular and other front end technologies and provide guidance as needed
- Proactively identify issues and bugs and provide solutions to mitigate and resolve these issues
- Maintain code quality and document all required artifacts
- Perform audits at the end of each software development project lifecycle
- Implementing software development best practices for the FAA
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with Angular technology
- 2+ years’ experience with front end development (ex – Angular 6+, HTML5, SCSS, Typescript)
- Strong experience interfacing front ends with Web Services like REST or SOAP.
- Proven experience implementing cross browser web application using the latest front-end technologies
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing rough order of magnitude cost estimates for proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Experience testing angular code with Jasmine, Karma, and Postman
- Experience with Angular UI component frameworks like PrimeNG and Angular Material
- Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Experience with angular state management technologies such as RxJS, Akita, NGXS, or NGRX
- Experience with AWS cloud technology
- Experience of CSS grid layout and/or CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Materialize
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.