This role manages strategic staffing, proposal, transition, and technical support across the Intelligence Solutions portfolio. Staffing and employee engagement are critical, strategic areas for the portfolio and will establish and influence approaches and process to drive success. This role works to direct, create, define, and write staffing for proposals, pre-award set-up, and program transition, execution, and redeployment documents and processes, and other related program personnel management tasks. This role is responsible for managing staffing and facility needs for all phases of staffing, forecasting project level staffing needs based on customer, establishing new program’s staffing processes, starting the staffing process for new programs through transition. This role establishes portfolio-staffing process in coordinating with Talent Acquisition (TA), hiring managers, security, finance, subcontracts administration, subcontractors, and Leidos on-boarding and off-boarding. This role directs and approves program requisitions; interviews, and authorizes salary and benefits packages for selected candidates within established program controls. Coordinates the build out of the program staffing database(s). Provides Portfolio personnel and staffing metrics to the Operations and Group level. Manages staffing team personnel and other project personnel in support of proposals, pre-award, transition, execution and redeployment efforts.
- Serve as the Portfolio primary POC for staffing activities.
- Coordinate with Operations leadership on Portfolio’s proposals, pre-award, transition, execution and redeployment efforts of the staffing team.
- Work with leadership, HR, TA, subcontracts, subcontractors, finance, security and the PMOs to develop and adjust staffing strategies, approaches and processes.
- Provide real-time and monthly metrics and data analysis for the Operations and Group level.
- Support proposal efforts as needed by completing staffing matrices. May be asked to contribute to proposals in other roles to include as a SME and review team member.
- Serve as POC for BOE analysis, staffing planning, labor categories, labor mix, market trends, and strategic staffing efforts across the portfolio.
- Identify and vet qualified Key candidates, approve salaries and subcontractor rates, make hiring decisions.
- Assist with program ramp-ups.
- Lead efforts to establish staffing databases.
- Support, as needed, facility needs requirements.
- Identify potential risk areas, support development of mitigation strategies and monitor closure of identified risks.
- Provide support to troubled programs.
- 12+ years of previous experience with program/project/staffing management on medium to large programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel. Ability to interface and task program leaders, subcontractors and PMO support personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both in written and oral platforms) with program managers, subcontractors, TA, security, HR, subcontractor administrators, and financial personnel.
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills, strong time management skills, willingness to take initiative just because you know it needs to be done, and the ability to prioritize work to identity, create, start and maintain processes, improvements, and innovations to the portfolio resource needs and associated programs.
- Develop creative solutions and drive closure.
- Strategic thinking skills and process improvement skills needed.
- Strong Excel and data analytics skills required.
- Experience working on proposal efforts. Must be able to support critical surge and/or proposal requirements on weekends or evenings at times as necessary.
- Experience establishing a new program in pre-award phase.
- Experience establishing, leading and executing staffing for large proposal wins through transition.
- Experience supporting employee redeployment efforts.
- Experience supervising others.
- Must be able to perform job requirements independently and in team environments and must have ability to interface with and work collaboratively with all levels, both customer and Leidos.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community
- Knowledge of technical IT and intelligence analytic workforce requirements and skills
- Knowledge for FEDSIM proposal staffing requirements
- HR and/or Talent Acquisition Background
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.