Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Nuclear C3 System Configuration Management System Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire nuclear C3 Enterprise. The CM Systems Engineering (SE) position will be an integral element of JSEIO conducting planning, analysis, designing, governance/execution/implementation, and monitor/control phases to produce mature a CM process and framework.
Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). Active Final Top Secret required/SCI preferred. Those holding TS/SCI will be given first consideration. ***Teleworking authorized during COVID-19 customer building restrictions***.
In this role you will:
• Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NLCC functional level.
• Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools to fulfill its responsibilities as defined in Department of “Defense Instruction (DoDI) 3741.01, NLCC and NMCS Configuration Management (CM)”.
• Adhere to DoD standard architecture development methodologies and maintain the NLCC baseline system configuration data repository
• Develop a CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NLCC configuration items and raise issues through the NLCC Executive Management Board (EMB) structure as required.
• Support efforts to develop a CM program that ensures the NLCC can meet and maintain its capability architectural goals through “system-of-systems” capability synchronization.
• Develop and/or mature the NLCC CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NLCC Baseline Configuration Items, and NLCC Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
• Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred with 10-12 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of Master's Degree.
• 10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
• Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
• Experience with NLCC infrastructure programs or similar large, diverse capability infrastructure(s).
• Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF).
• Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
• Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
• Familiarization with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 3741.01 and DoD Military Handbook Configuration Management Guidance.
• Knowledge of nuclear C3 systems and operational / analytical experience in nuclear/strategic systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience regarding Nuclear C3 requirements, operations, and procedures with a proven ability to prepare Nuclear C3-related analysis, documentation, and reports.
• Ability to engage users such as OSD, the Joint Staff, the Services, combatant commands, and Department of Defense agencies, for the purpose of collection and verification of Nuclear C3 systems data.
• Conduct system-of-systems analysis of secure/non-secure and survivable Nuclear C3 communications solutions.
• Research, verify, and document existing data on current component systems, networks and equipment, as well as research and document information on new or emerging capabilities that pertain to Nuclear C3.
• Understand corresponding operations of nuclear capable platforms, nodes/command centers, and related nuclear message release procedures.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.