The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for an Intelligence Research Support Specialist, Level 2, to work on Fort Huachuca, AZ.
The contractor conducts studies of existing or proposed intelligence formations and conducts analysis to support decisions reshaping and optimizing intelligence formations for the Army. The contractor's analysis meetsnear, mid, and far requirements to develop combat-ready intelligence formations for the Army and joint forces within established funding. The contractor prepares white papers, information papers, studies, briefings and references to enable leaders to make informed decisions for optimizing Intelligence capabilities for the Army. Should have the ability to analyze existing DOTMLPF and assess its relevance to emerging threat and requirements then determine appropriate changes necessary to meet expectations. Should be familiar with MI organizational design, the TAA process, the Force Design Update documentation, the FMSWeb System, and TOE/MTOE. This work requires significant experience in Intel analysis management and operational assignments at the DIV, Corps, E-MiB, or MIB-T and relevant DOTMLPF oriented assignments.
This position requires up to 30% travel once current, pandemic conditions subside.
The primary place of work is the customer site; however, the organization is in a primarily telework status until pandemic conditions subside. This position does not ordinarily permit telework.
Works independently, and as part of small-medium sized, multi-disciplinary groups
- May be the only organizational or subject matter specialist present in any given forum, or may need to coordinate viewpoints among organizational stakeholders to reach a consensus position
- Makes recommendations to supported government customer personnel on key projects and activities; does not speak for the government
- Coordinate with, gather and document inputs from, and advocate for the needs of Intelligence formations in the capability development and integration process, and across the DOTMLFP-P spectrum
- Develop, staff, maintain, revise and review JCIDS and related documents that include: CDDs, CBAs,C-BAs, Architecture products, AoAs, CONOPs/CONEMPs
- Support test and evaluation, to include developing or reviewing test documentation and reports
- Conduct and/or participate in DOTMPLF-P analysis and implementing recommendations
- Review and provide input to doctrinal publications, force design and equipment distribution documents, training support plans and training packages, critical task lists
- Participate in collaborative forums such as system/capability user forums, lessons learned collection events, critical task site selection boards, training IPTs, and unit/system/warfighter exercises and experiments
- Prepare or provide input to overview briefs, status briefs and written and briefing-form updates on assigned projects
- Author, staff, revise, collaborate on, and review white papers, issue papers, study recommendations, studies, science and technology plans, and similar advisory documents for emerging technology, concepts, and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in an intelligence-related discipline or equivalent military experience in Military Intelligence and intelligence operations and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP); may substitute experience for education at the rate of two (2) years’ experience for each year of college education.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years experience in intelligence operations and intelligence collection operations and management, production, or research experience, current within three (3) years.
- TS/SCI clearance
- This work requires significant experience in Intel analysis management and operational assignments at the DIV, Corps, E-MiB, or MIB-T and relevant DOTMLPF oriented assignments.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research techniques, to perform subsequent analysis.
- Write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner and in accordance with published guidelines and formats, including the AFC TDP and JCIDS-directed formats and procedures, and Army Regulation 25-50 (Preparing and Managing correspondence, Architectural, O&O and FDU formats).
- Speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
- Should be familiar with MI organizational design, the TAA process, the Force Design Update documentation, the FMSWeb System, and TOE/MTOE.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: within AFC, FORSCOM, INSCOM, TRADOC and COEs; with new material fielding, planning, or training; leading and participating in collaborative forums; participation in, or coordination of wargames, exercises and experiments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.