Are you interested in improving and shaping the consumer fraud protection industry in a group of intelligent and motivated individuals? Leidos is hiring a Mid-Level Software Developer in Gaithersburg, Maryland, as part of a team of database and application development professionals. This work involves development and maintenance of various enterprise systems for data collection from various channels, data enrichment, ETL, efficient search, information retrieval and analytical systems. This person will play a significant role in implementing, adopting and evaluating technologies developed both in-house and by others.
The successful candidate will design, develop and test software, primarily using Java/J2EE, Python, Apache Solr, Spark and SQL in both Windows and Linux environments, having primary responsibility for development, maintenance, enhancement and operations of the government program. The job may also involve development in one or more of: .Net, C#, Python, R, Tableau, and may also work in SQL databases in Windows or Linux. Software designs are documented, reviewed in enterprise design review board. Automated unit tests are routinely developed and maintained as the software evolves. Where necessary, user documentation is generated or updated to reflect changes in the software functionality. Documentation, code and unit tests are routinely subjected to peer review. Be part of configuration management team to critically review deliverables by self and others. Occasional interaction with on-site customer representatives will be part of the job.
The software developer will be part of a compact agile software development team that pushes the boundaries of technology that can help address the ever growing and demanding needs of a government customer. With millions of consumer data available for law enforcement users, provide quick, advanced search features with information retrieval techniques that finds critical information by linking various entities together, surfaces relevant results in near real-time, apply data quality techniques, and integrate machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence techniques. We also analyze and report on consumer data frequent basis by dissecting and surfacing critical, new insights to data analysts and stakeholders. It is important that all team members are flexible and able to contribute outside of their primary expertise, so we are looking for someone who will be open to multiple responsibilities.
As part of the team, the developer will need to:
- Be a good team player and be able to give and take critical feedback on work products
- Be prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand
- Be coachable and open to self-discovery and professional improvement
- Be quality-conscious and carry a sense of pride in their work
- Have interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication to demonstrate product, services to business, customer and non-technical team
- Work smart and hard for the program’s success
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or other science discipline
- 3+ years of full-time professional experience in Java/J2EE software development
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP, REST web services, data contract with JSON, XML.
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservices etc.)
- Design, develop and deliver software components for production systems in agile sprint schedule.
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, continuous integration)
- Working knowledge of typical development tools in both Windows and Linux environments
- Maintain and operate the deployed code, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience in enterprise search application development with Apache Solr, Elastic Search, or Cloudera Search platform
- Experience with event based, message queues, data streaming such as Apache Flume, Kafka, and Spark.
- Experience in relational database programming in MS-SQL server, T-SQL, stored procedures and functions.
- Knowledge and exposure in Scala, Python functional programming skills, Map-Reduce distributed programming skills on Hadoop platform.
- Ability to handle large volume of data, cleansing, enrichment techniques, NLP processing.
- Basic experience with data visualization using Python, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience in open source development and knowledge of Maven, Git, JIRA, Jmeter and Jenkins.
- Ability to write shell scripts, automation, basic administration, scheduling of jobs in Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and continuous advancement in Search, Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning technologies and applying in the software development.
- Experience developing user interfaces and web pages
- Must be detail oriented, multi-tasking with good follow through skills
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.