Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Systems Administrator in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will coordinate the operational support and implementation activities for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) service offerings encompassing heterogeneous platforms. The Sr. Systems Administrator will also assist the government in determining tactical and strategic direction of the organization as it relates to emerging operational support technologies. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, analyze, and recommend new operational support technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Coach others on the application of new operational support technologies. Review distributed computing and network designs to select appropriate operational support strategies and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct system support design and performance evaluation reviews. Identify, develop, and update operational support standards and procedures.
- Participate with corporate strategic planning teams. Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends.
- Recommend price/performance improvement opportunities. Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.