Leidos is searching for a Quality Manager: Supports multiple program and management functions. The candidate will assists program managers by developing Facility Quality Management program documentation, creating Quality Control and Quality Assurance activity schedules, tracking individual program and Quality System status, evaluation of operational and technical alternatives, performing risk assessment and managing integrated product teams. Provides expertise on the myriad of factors that influence cost, schedule, performance and risk.
The Quality Manager will plan QC Inspections and tests for supported programs using existing resources who report directly to him/her. Daily, weekly and monthly scheduling for all in-house projects and programs will be supported. The Quality Manager reports directly to the Director for Quality Engineering and Control for the Intelligence Group but their primary function and mission is supporting the programs within the Facility on a daily basis. Weekly and Monthly communications with the Group Quality Director will be required. Specific Responsibilities are as follows:
• Responsible for defining, executing, and maintaining a quality system that ensures performance of contract tasks in accordance with the customer and that conforms to Leidos EngineeringEdge NextGen ® requirements, quality goals and defined standards.
• Works closely with the PM and management team, and quality team to identify quality issues and resolutions and develop and review corrective action plans.
• Coordinates, manages and executes QC activities of inspectors and testers in accordance with the QACP.
• Establishes procedures for continuous process improvement.
• Oversees root-cause analysis and improvement activities.
• Reviews performance metrics and analyze results to identify trends and patterns.
• Performs and directs the internal audit function, monitors corrective actions and opportunities for improvement within the Leidos Common Audit Database.
• Performs and directs subcontractor inspections, evaluations, audits and oversight as necessary to assure quality of Leidos products on supported programs Leads working groups associated with quality and improvement initiatives.
• Provides inputs to and reviews contract deliverables.
• Collects and consolidates inputs from the quality team; and provides a summary of performance standards as part of the progress report that may, as appropriate, include recommendations to improve project performance.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing electronic and mechanical fabrication programs, electronics, mechanical assembly techniques, parts, quality assurance standards; and sound design, fabrication and testing practices
- Five (5) years of experience supporting quality management, acquisition management, program management and/or contract management for DoD‑sponsored contracts.
- Education and training that is commensurate with a Bachelor's degree. In Lieu of the Bachelor’s degree. An additional four (4) years of experience for a total of nine (9) years may be substituted
- Professional Project Management certification from a recognized institution is desired but not required.
- Experience Managing Quality in an ISO 9001, AS9100 or CMMI DEV ML3 environment.
- Proven Leadership capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple chains of command at multiple levels
- Quality Management experience with printed circuit board fabrication and oversight of subcontractor and vendor quality.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to sp[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.