Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused senior level technical personnel to provide BMC/Remedy ITSM product support in development and production environments in support to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD.
They will be the primary POC and responsible for providing GLINDA EUCS BMC/Remedy Administration support tasks and activities in support of the already and to be deployed ITSM tool suite that is integrated to another BMC products, a Service Catalog and other systems across the NRC. Each candidate should be familiar with Remedy 9.x and in providing engineering, architecture, administration, and development support of Remedy and specifically with the standard ITSM components (Service Level Management, Service Request Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Task Management, Work Orders, Problem Management, Asset Management applications and modules), CMDB, Discovery Smart Reporting, Digital Workplace, Smart IT, and other BMC products/reporting tools as it relates to/integrated with ITSM tool suite and products. The successful candidate’s experience will reflect a solid foundation in software development practices, and the capability to automate administration tasks via scripting and macros. Solutions can be creative, imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Manage and Provide Remedy ITSM solutions architect to provide end-to-end support/activities/tasks to development domain environment.
- Support development of OpCat, ResCat, and ProdCat categorizations and implementations relating to the Remedy ITSM development and production environments.
- Develop statistics and reports from data provided from various tools and sources on and using Remedy ITSM products.
- Lead and manage Remedy ITSM assigned projects or tasks that may be requested by the NRC customer or submitted and approved CRQ/other work request.
- Conduct training and mentoring team members and customers on Remedy ITSM related technology and use.
- Lead efficient identification, troubleshooting, resolving and communication of systemic technical issues/failures/weaknesses/solutions to all responsible parties.
- Be the primary contact to properly respond to and resolve ITSM tool suite system problems or major issues as they occur and follow established NRC procedures for problem escalation and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Assist other EUCS team or providers with issues or questions regarding the Remedy ITSM.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to develop and maintain Remedy ITSM data and system integrity.
- Lead assurance that proper application of federal government security standards and compliance.
- Lead the status updates and comments to process owners, service owner(s), management and/or team participants.
- Attend customer and Leidos meetings as requested and scheduled as the manager of this service.
- Manage and provide primary contact for Remedy ITSM Continual Service Improvement Initiatives to/with the NRC stakeholders.
- Lead team/others to create or update documentations including but not limited to Remedy ITSM SOPs, How To’s, and KBA articles.
- Assist end users with ITSM issues and questions via phone and/or email.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years of or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience in enterprise-wide BMC/Remedy based ITSM engineering, architecture, administration, and development experience.
- In depth experience in providing leadership and technical engineering, architecture, administration, and development support of BMC Remedy 9.x+ and specifically with the standard ITSM components (Service Level Management, Service Request Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Task Management, Work Orders, Problem Management, Asset Management applications and modules), CMDB, Discovery; Smart Reporting (SRM), Digital Workplace, Smart IT, and other BMC products/reporting tools as it relates to/integrated with the NRC ITSM tool suite and products. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Managing and reporting of Remedy ITSM health to support Assets, Configuration, Service dependency mapping, Governance, etc.
- Broad understanding of various Business Asset / Inventory Management Tools (preferably BMC Discovery).
- Experience and strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes to implement and lead others.
- ITIL Foundations Level (or higher) Certification; experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and working knowledge of IT operations and architecture to implement and lead others.
- Leads and maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators, data analyst, and end user needs/request.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Leads and interacts with users and evaluates vendor products; makes purchase recommendations, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Supervise and maintain all scheduled Remedy ITSM development jobs.
- Will lead and support the creation/maintenance of pre-production and back-up support to production environments.
- Lead, develop, and update workflows, templates, SP’s and instructions.
- Lead, develop, and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of Remedy ITSM support.
- Strong analytical skills for establishing metrics, identifying and resolving systemic failures, and determining weaknesses in documentation and requirements.
- Qualified candidates should be knowledgeable of the NRC organization, NRC operations, Remedy ITSM, and MS Office Suite.
- Candidates must be comfortable with leading discussions and communicating with customer personnel and providing status to Leidos and NRC representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- This position requires having/able to get a current NRC Public Trust security clearance. The position is based at the NRC HQ in Rockville, MD and can be full time telework.
- Experience with BMC Remedy customization, configuration, integrations and migrations of products, modules, and reporting tools.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and communicate technical issues/solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Knowledge with other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, accurately, flexible, agile, and efficiently as part of a team to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.