Leidos is seeking a highly motivated and focused individual to join the Test team on a high-profile, fast-paced and dynamic project. Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance in order to be considered. This position is located in the Chantilly, VA area.
The Tester be responsible for testing all aspects of the system including Java and web based front end running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and cloud technologies to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations, a variety of devices including but not limited to mobile and high-end servers. Tester must have sufficient experience to build and configure workstations and/or servers independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines. May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions. Candidate must possess a tempered level of confidence that leaves room for regular teamwork, collaboration as well as self-motivation and initiative.
The Tester will be responsible for clearly communicating and engaging with the test and development teams and the Release Manager to continuously support and move solid test driven development principles and priorities into the work environment. The tester’s support and knowledge effectively ensures the team at-large has full and complete understanding of relevant principles to enable the development team to move swiftly and smoothly to correct or change course and execute on all requirements.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Experience with manually testing of web-based applications (e.g. Java, J2EE, JSP, technologies, including EJBs and Web Services)
- Ability to work in a team environment as much as staying focused when working independently with only high level goals
- Ability to explain technical procedures and results clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with detecting, tracking, reporting, and communicating any test defects effectively.
- Must be able to execute duties professionally, expeditiously and successfully and be open to ad hoc tasking in support of burdened team members
- Some travel between locations for hands-on work where hardware resides
- Experience with Jira, agile development methodologies and test driven development.
- Test automation
- Scripting experience
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.