Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense (CND) Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana (ELK) Engineer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
As the ELK SME, you are responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for ELK in the JRSS environment.
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana (ELK) Engineer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Provide configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for ELK in the GMS AWS environment.
- Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes
- Deploy, configure, test, troubleshoot, maintain, update/upgrade Elastic clusters and environments
- Perform daily administration tasks for Elasticsearch clusters and environments
- Plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of Elasticsearch to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployment Strong Data Driven Operations (DDO) technical breadth and depth in support of the DoD and in particular in government network design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
- Apply data modeling techniques to find useful patterns (correlations, clusters, etc.) and predicting properties of seen and unseen instances (regression, anomaly detection, etc.) and continuously evaluate the accuracy of a given model
- Resolve installation, infrastructure, and system issues, as well as log ingestion and communication issues
- Provide support in handling trouble tickets or other issues
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards to provide information to users and support staff
- Use Elastic watcher efficiently and support its integration with other systems
- Support and troubleshoot message queuing, parsing and mapping with logstash.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of data driven operations capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing ELK infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing large Elasticsearch clusters, developing solutions for indexing heterogeneous datasets and searching/analyzing indexed data
- Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with Elasticsearch mapping
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
- Report and Dashboard development experience with Kibana
- Ansible or Python scripting,
- Linux / Red Hat operating system commands
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansiable
- Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
- Experience with Kubernetes and its management platforms such as Redhat Open Shift
- Experience with Kafka, NiFI
- Experience with Neo4j
- Elastic Certified Engineer
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query Optimization
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering\Experience with Python, JSON, or Java
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.