Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a NetOps Specialist in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will monitor the infrastructure and network by responding appropriately to alerts and events. The NetOps Specialist will also respond to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Provide data center support where appropriate.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide incident notification to Government representatives.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 6 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services. Preferred certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching.
- DOD Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.