Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team in Houston supporting NASA's Johnson Space Center, Flight Operations Directorate, Vehicle Integration and Daily Operations Branch.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The ideal candidate will support an integration/liaison function between Mission Control Center – Houston (MCC-H) and Visiting Vehicle control centers known as the Integration and Systems Engineer (ISE). ISE is responsible for integrating visiting vehicle and International Space Station (ISS) command and data flow. ISE represents the needs of the visiting vehicle control team with respect to ISS telemetry formats and select real-time planning functions.
SHIFT WORK (NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS IS REQUIRED)
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A FLIGHT CONTROLLER PHYSICAL
This position requires completing the Integration Systems Engineer training and skill certification process, which takes ~ 18-24 months.
The candidate will:
- maintain awareness of multiple technical situations and appropriately prioritize activities
- understand nominal and off-nominal operations for a technical system and its interaction(s) with other systems
- manage multiple issues at one time while still coming up with an integrated solution
- interface with Visiting Vehicle / MCC-H flight controllers on the understanding of each partner’s elements and how they relate to each other
- plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks and resolve issues within a team environment across multiple organizations
- perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science Degree, in Engineering (ABET), Mathematics, Physics, or in a similar field of study, and 4 years' experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills are mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
- Flight Operations Directorate experience or prior Flight Controller certification, or experience working the Commercial Crew Program, Orion Program, Commercial Space Transportation (CST-100) and/or the International Space Station Program.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check before commencement of employment
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.