The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Senior Linux System Administrator (TS/SCI Polygraph required) to support a highly visible fast paced prime mission in Fort Meade, Maryland or Linthicum, MD
- The candidate will perform Linux Admin, data center management, hardware integration, networking and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site.
- The candidate must be a self‐starter, be able to work with a small team as well as independently, and be able to learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of years of general experience as a systems and/or network administrator.
- Minimum five ﴾5﴿ years of experience in systems analysis, engineering rack design, power distribution, networking and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of hardware and integration
- Proven experience in data center management, administration and processes, such PSC, MRMs, and TOEs.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications system analysis, system design, and programming activities. Security+ CE or equivalent security certification
- Experience leading a small team, providing technical direction and delegating complex engineering tasks.
Preferred Qualifications ﴾as many as possible﴿
- Experience administering and troubleshooting UNIX/LINUX and Windows production systems.
- Proven experience in RedHat Linux, CentOS, and/or SELinux System Administration.
- Infrastructure and network experience with Dell, Big Switch, Mellanox, Excelero, Brocade, Palo Alto, DGX‐1, DGX‐2, and Nutanix.
- Network integration experience – routing, switching, and firewall rules administration. Experience with DCIM, CM, and continuous integration‐deployment ﴾CI/CD﴿ tools such as Puppet, Ansible and SALT.
- Networking experience – routing, switching, firewall rules administration. 2‐3 years of VM and storage ﴾nfs﴿ experience.
- Excellent design and troubleshooting skills Experience with container platforms, preferably Docker.
- Must be able to support multiple software/system integration and testing efforts
- Proven experience installing and configuring applications Familiarity with Agency standards, STE/STN compliance and agency security systems.
Desired Skills: ﴾as many as possible﴿
- Palo Alto firewalls and rule sets Commercial Cloud Solutions ﴾C2S﴿ and AZURE Familiarity with LDAP and how to integrate to it
- Windows System administration and Activity Directory Jira or similar ticket tracking system Familiar with leveraging UPS in Lab environment.
- Vendor management and engagement skills.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook and GPU technologies, such as nVIDIA Docker and GPU‐compute apps Bash, python or similar scripting skills Apache tomcat NiFi data flow management
- Experience with Docker Containers, Kubernetes orchestration and Rancher
- Experience with enhanced visualization and graphing tools
- Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Experience installing/configuring database management tools ﴾mongo, SQL, postGres, etc﴿
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.