**This posting is for future opportunities at Leidos, not for a current open position. As we anticipate upcoming opportunities, we invite you to submit your resume for future positions of this nature. We appreciate your time and interest!**
Leidos is looking for a Chief Security Architect to support a critical program to modernize IT infrastructure - to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. The resultant IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
The CSA is responsible for the Information Security Management and Risk Management practices, including the On-Going Program of Security Planning. This role coordinates cyber security and risk management activities across the Integrated Service Providers, including adherence to security policies and compliance.
- Pre-Award, the CSA supports the capture team’s development of the technical solution for submission, government presentations, negotiations and any head start preparation.
- Upon award, this role is responsible for leading the successful technical startup and transition, including establishing the engineering team.
- Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the Leidos operational unit providing status and obtaining reach-back support from related programs throughout Leidos to deliver successful program execution.
- Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
- Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program. Problems range from high impact operational events to tactical corrections.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years as a Chief Solutions Architect role for IT Technology
- Experience leading complex IT infrastructure consolidation and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of IT services across the a large DoD agency enterprise and optimize use of shared resources
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience applying the ITIL framework and best practices
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government and Leidos leadership
- Must be US Citizen and able to attain a Position of Trust ADPII security clearance
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience managing firm fixed price task orders and performance-based contracts
- Knowledge of Health IT technology including Electronic Health Records.
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- PMP Certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- ITIL Continued Service Improvement Certification
- CISSP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.