The Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation’s mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless, fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce. Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure.
As a Regional Sales Director for SD&A, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the execution of the full business development life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. This position will be accountable for the APAC region product sales to customers. The successful candidate will be a proven sales leader and key member of the SD&A operation with primary responsibilities for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will execute sales and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration.
- Achieves team booking revenue plan and sets appropriate objectives and forecasting accuracy for sales distributors and representatives to meet desired revenue goals. Forecasting of agents and representatives is reviewed on a monthly basis, at a minimum.
- Establishes a rolling twelve (12) month bookings pipeline that is reviewed and updated on a weekly basis.
- Plans a thirty six (36) month sales funnel for the region reviewed twice a year
- Qualifies and directs sales activities for sales representatives and sales agents in the assigned region, compliant with corporate/division guidelines.
- Support the team in account management and regional sales wherever and whenever necessary, incl. business development, lead generation, customer qualification, proposal delivery, and contract negotiation.
- Understands and assimilates the latest technologies and market data to create account propositions and competitive solutions for high value opportunities.
- Establishes a communication path between the company and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops and supports timely resolution to customer issues.
- Responsible for maintaining bookings opportunities and customer contacts in the Company’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Identifies, qualifies, and negotiates channel alliances with domestic and international organizations (i.e. integrators, manufacturers, service providers) to leverage market coverage.
- Assists sales, support, and marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, or market research in planning and executing projects.
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary teams to recommend new application and product features and strategy for the strategic account or territory.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of related business development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of international sales experience and domain expertise
- Organize and execute significant BD activities, including building pipelines, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to interact and build relationships with key customer organizations and industry partners
- Proven track record of winning new business and pipeline management across multiple customer organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new business sales quotas.
- Travel as required, up to 50% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Established relationships and experience winning new business with key domestic (e.g. TSA) and international customers
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in aviation security or border security
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.