The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active duty military services members and their families at all military installations CONUS and OCONUS to enhance and maintain military and family readiness. The program supports over 2500 personnel.
This vital position will help shape the future of MFLC services delivery by identifying and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders in the MFLC ecosystem.
The Advisory Board Lead plays a key role in communicating and setting a new capability within the MFLC program by building an advisory board of key stakeholders across academic institutions, professional associations, Military Service Organizations (MSOs) like SECO and Military OneSource, and others to share best practices from the larger counseling and military community and build stakeholder engagement for the mutual benefit of the MFLC community.
The Advisory Board Lead will perform outreach, facilitate and capture information from sessions with stakeholders, generate original web content, partner with the website lead and communication team to create newsletters and other communication campaigns. The Lead will be a face of the MFLC program and act as an Ambassador to build MFLC brand recognition in the larger military community as well as advocating with ecosystem partners.
- Serves as a liaison focal point for the CCE Manager, consulting and coordinating on all MFLC Advisory Board program matters with a special emphasis on strategic communications, planning, operations, IT web development and community engagement.
- Initiate and develop partnerships to strengthen Leidos/MFLCs position as a leader serving military families from the community level to the highest levels of government.
- Creates and maintains effective relationships with key contacts at the DoD and others in a position to influence military family and quality of life programs.
- Manage the day-to-day strategic partnerships and relationships with various corporate, military, government, and non-profit partners.
- Support continuous, effective integration of strategic partner requirements and information needs with all other disciplines within the CCE team.
- Develop, implement and execute a proactive retention and growth strategy for strategic partnerships, to include engagement of key CCE leaders and influencers, leveraging CCE expertise, and incorporation of partner interests/presence in programs.
- Lead the ideation, preparation and delivery of tactical and strategic updates on strategic partnerships requested by the CCE leadership team.
- Directs and oversees MFLC Advisory Board programs that effectively describe and promote MFLC objectives.
- Assembles and oversees a diversely skilled communications team.
- Evaluates the quality and suitability of outreach and engagement content and research efforts ensuring that key communication initiatives are successfully developed and delivered.
- Evaluates the general performance of the MFLC Advisory Board program, ensuring that key strategic initiatives are successfully developed and delivered, and provides the CCE Manager with recommendations for quality improvement in a variety of operational areas.
- Manages staff work schedules.
- Develops and manages project schedules.
- Works with staff to problem solve and resolve issues.
Advisory Council / Steering Committee
- Participates in the CCE Advisory Council including recommendation for approval of membership and management of the council.
- Communication with Advisory Board members including communication of charter, responsibilities, coordination of meeting agendas/logistics and execution, documentation of minutes and report out to executive leadership with recommendations for future action.
- Collaborates with CCE Manager in developing program metrics, measurement and assists in identifying programmatic needs.
- Supports tasks requiring the collecting, compiling, evaluating and publishing of information and statistical data included in documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies and regulations.
- Represent and serves as a leadership representative of Leidos/MFLC Program when interacting with all key stakeholder groups, at priority meetings, events, briefings, teleconferences, seminar, discussions or in email communication as assigned by Program Manager, Deputy Manager, CCE Manager or other program staff as designated.
- BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Supervisory experience required; with preference for experience in a remote work setting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful experience in leading outreach and marketing efforts.
- Must have strong working knowledge of military family culture and ecosystem stakeholders (Military One Source, SECO, etc.).
- Ability to effectively engage and lead high performing remote teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of military family quality of life issues upon the morale and welfare of active duty service members, Guardsmen, Reservists, retirees, family members and survivors.
- Understands group dynamics; demonstrates self-awareness as well as empathy/sensitivity to the needs of clients; understands client dynamics; portrays an adaptive leadership style.
- Demonstrable success in government contracting through prior work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience setting goals and objectives, prioritizing and structuring action plans and work activities.
- Experience managing high-level relationships.
- Successful experience in managing large and complex programs
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and direct results through problem solving and facilitation.
- The ability to travel to events as identified by CCE leadership.
- Prior budget execution and management experience.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of interpersonal interactions, professional discretion, confidentiality and accountability.
- Intermediate MS office and variety of technology applications
- Must be available for travel up to 40%.
- Advanced degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Experience with MFLC program
- Experience with Military and Family programs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.