LEIDOS Military and Veterans Health Solutions Group (MFLC) is seeking a Technical Solutions Leader for a contingent contract project. The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active duty military services members and their families. The MFLC Technical Solution Leader role is a servant-leader for multiple product teams that are responsible for developing, operating, and maintaining mission critical products
The MFLC Technical Solution Leader role is a servant-leader for multiple product teams that are responsible for developing, operating, and maintaining mission critical products. You lead and drive the vision for the implementation of the technology work stream which includes all facets from architecture, developing, testing, integration, and deployment. The Technical Solution Lead will be responsible for the quality and delivery of all technical deliverables and leading overall projects or critical work streams that include, but not limited to, web and mobile development, overseeing code deploy, version control, build and release, leading a team of software developers, testers, business analysts on requirements gathering, and deliverables as per the acceptance criteria.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with your stakeholders to define direction of products you are responsible for while working with individual development teams and will guide and assist with removing impediments that are impacting deliverable milestones and leading teams as needed with risk mitigation activities.
You will be responsible for ensuring teams have the necessary skills and staff to deliver capabilities mutually agreed upon and within scope of the requirements. Finally, you will work with your individual product teams to maintain a high-level of employee engagement, establish individual performance objectives and evaluate individual performance through regular touch points.
- Serve as a technical SME to assist the product teams with resolving difficult problems.
- Work with individual product teams to ensure their understanding of future direction.
- Act as a servant-leader to product teams to ensure their success.
Review task orders associated with products you are responsible for and provide estimates to deliver features/capabilities associated with the task order.
- Establish individual performance objectives and evaluate individual performance against objectives through regular touchpoints.
- Develop and maintain software architecture technical specifications, and guide software development in conformance with architecture specifications
- Lead the multi-functional software development team to code, integrate, test, migrate and deliver all components.
- Assist leadership and project teams on planning and technical discussions
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 15 years of experience as a servant-leader/technical lead ensuring the success of multiple product teams, i.e., 10-20 employees.
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience in an Agile/DevOps environment with proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Experience in delivery of software using an Agile methodology.
- Highly developed written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Ability to translate and communicate data and reports into business terms to non-technical audiences.
- Strong technical experience
- Strong leadership and management experience and skills
- Strong teamwork skills across matrixed and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Proven and demonstrated experience leading development and delivering to market, one or more enterprise software solutions
- Experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale integration projects involving multiple interfaces, agencies/departments, and stakeholders
- Must be interested in hands on problem solving or solution delivery actively participating in a technical team environment
- Demonstrate balance between technology and business to be able to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of stakeholders effectively
- Software development experience should include many of the following technologies:
- Java i.e. Spring
- Frameworks: Angular, React
- Native Mobile Development Frameworks (Swift for iOS)
- Web Services both SOAP and REST
- Confluence & Jira
- Expertise and experience cloud based SaaS and PaaS solutions
- Experience within the AWS, Azure cloud environments
- Working knowledge or experience of Open Source technologies and tools such as Git, Slack MongoDB, MySQL, SQL etc.
- Familiarity with and prior use of test automation, e.g., Selenium, SoapUI
- Demonstrated experience working with product teams to jointly design and implement solutions to challenging problems impeding the progress of the product team.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating changes in processes to improve team efficiency.
- Heathcare experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.