The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator. Leidos is the primary stakeholder of logistics functions on several Aerial Intelligence platforms located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Armed forces and Special Operations Command supported by Leidos.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the shipping and receiving of all goods and materials. Duties include the use of computer system for tracking, logging, verifying, and reporting as well as packaging and preparing materials for shipment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive all program and overhead shipments at VBW in accordance with Receiving SOP. Complete receiver forms, log in SharePoint, update equipment locations in property database, and coordinate with property to add or update equipment records in the property management database.
- Coordinate with Property team and Local Logistics to tag equipment appropriately and get accurate and thorough asset information into the property management database.
- Perform counterfeit prevention inspections on all equipment/materials received at VBW.
- Update maintenance reports with depot repair description and shipping/receiving dates for equipment returning from depot maintenance.
- Prepare shipments for transport. Complete inventory of equipment/materials shipping. Reconcile equipment list with shipping request to ensure all equipment/materials requested are in the shipment. Prepare shipping documents in accordance with SOP’s. Coordinate transportation with commercial carriers.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for shipments containing CCI, Hazardous Materials, classified equipment, and other special handling or marking requirements by coordinating with subject matter experts for special handling requirements.
- Issue all equipment to designated POCs or the warehouse.
- Create/Submit shipping request documents for CONUS/OCONUS shipments.
- Use barcode scanners while packaging/preparing shipments.
- Provide forklift or man-lift support around VBW.
- Coordinate with site logistics to plan and execute MILAIR shipments.
- Other logistics duties as assigned in response to contractual, mission, or manager requirements.
- High School Diploma with minimum of two (2) years of relevant logistics experience.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lb regularly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for collaborating with others, communicating to your supervisor, and speaking with customers or clients.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with Army or DoD logistics policies and procedures.
- Experience with transportation requirements and forms for commercial and military shipments.
- Forklift Operator Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Ship and Receiving
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.