The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Print Server Admin to work in our St. Louis, MO location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to innovate future IC DTE service offerings.
The Print Fax Scan Support Services team provides Tier 3 support within Infrastructure Services and is responsible for performing diagnostic and troubleshooting of printer server issues, print queues, configuration of firmware, configuration of drivers and supporting Help Desk/Regional technicians as they troubleshoot end point printer devices.
- The Print Server Admin configures and ensures proper functioning of HP servers, copiers, fax machines and peripherals from a Tier 3 perspective.
- The technician provides routine maintenance patching multiple servers and ensuring print queues are functioning.
- This team is knowledgeable about a full range of HP printers.
- The individual should collaborate with the internal departments and assist in resolving Tier2 problems as needed.
- Member will be responsible for maintaining various documents required to remote into printer end points, servers, and other infrastructure that support enterprise level print services.
- Prior experience in handling HP printer repair and maintenance
- Analyze and resolve technical issues related to computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals
- Some regional travel may be expected to provide on-site servicing and rectify major printers issues or outages
- Record, upgrade and replace software systems, firmware, and drivers
- Experienced and capable of managing print queues; clearing, rebuilding, and resetting.
- Offer technical support for activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems
- Install and reinstall software packages and updates on print servers and admin servers
- Be able to recognize, research, isolate, resolve, and follow-up on problems
- Elevate issues to Tier4 (vendors) and follow-up until technical resolution is achieved
- Handle all administrative aspects and tasks within the time limit and/or service lane agreement timelines
- Provide feedback that includes customer information and usage reports for printer services
- Must be able to solve problems, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, understand and interpret technical terms
- Must manage multiple ticket queues for incidents, changes and tasks
- Must provide customer follow up
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, primary certification is Security+
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required.
- Must be able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain Polygraph
- A+ Certification
- 2012/2016/2019 Server OS Experience
- Experience working with Military and/or intelligence Community
- Scripting experience with PowerShell or other languages
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with HP WebJet Admin
- Experience with HP Advance
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.