The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work in our Springfield, Virginia location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to innovate future IC DTE service offerings.
The System Administrator is responsible for directly supporting a team of system engineers specializing in complex projects, tasks, and time sensitive requirements. Must be effective in provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related program infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. Works directly with engineers and managers to improve performance and anticipate customers’ needs with innovative recommendations. Individual is also responsible for supporting basic office administration for senior system engineers which includes, but is not limited to, calendar management, light project management, and serving as a central focal point for communications. This position is ideal for individuals who are fast paced, interested in learning new things, well organized, and enjoy a constant flow of new and widely different projects/tasks.
- Responsible for supporting a team of System Engineers dedicated to building innovative solutions across the full spectrum of computing environment which includes multiple domains.
- Researches and provides written point papers, rough drafts or rendering to support communication of new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Responsible for testing and development of code/script, in direct support of executing assigned projects, tasks and requirements.
- Responsible for office communications and light program management support such as communications and scheduling.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services/Infrastructure Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Management- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
- SharePoint Services
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Project Management/Task Management
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team Qualified individuals will provide support with one or more of the following skillsets:
- Cloud Certification(s) or Training (Preferred)
- Server Administration (Preferred)
- Data Visualization and/or Data Analytics
- Network fundamentals
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting skills
- Requires Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, primary certification is Security+
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required.
- Must be able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain Poly.
- Resume must reflect strong communication skills both oral and in writing
- ITIL Certification
- AWS Certification
- SCRUM Certification
- Linux experience
- Server Administration experience
- Network experience
- Experience with testing procedures/documentation
- Experience working with military and/or DoD
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.