Leidos Capture Operations & Excellence (CO&E) is seeking a Principal Price Strategist, responsible for developing and implementing competitive Price Strategies for priority new business opportunities. The successful candidate must be capable of identifying, evaluating, and selecting among alternate courses of action informed by customer behaviors, industry capabilities, and Leidos priorities. This position will report to the Director, Price Strategy in CO&E.
- Provide consulting, advice, facilitation, analysis, modeling, and lessons learned relating to Price Strategy.
- Support opportunity shaping through development of RFI responses, white papers, customer meetings and participation in Leidos reviews and Win Plan activities
- Evaluate customer RFP requirements including evaluation models and CLIN types to identify drivers for performance and evaluation risk
- Identify cost drivers and alternate pricing approaches consistent with RFP evaluation criteria, Leidos disclosed practices, and a positive business case.
- Develop evaluation models and business case models that quantify alternate pricing approaches and likely outcomes
- Work with pricing analysts to correctly implement selected price strategy elements, and produce a compelling, complete cost narrative
- Help capture teams communicate risks and recommended price strategy elements to program, line, and executive leadership
- Support mentoring and training for price strategy across all of Leidos.
- Bachelor’s degree and more than 15 years of related experience in program execution, finance, business development and capture
- Self-directed, motivated, analytical, problem solver, able to lead and collaborate in a fast paced team environment, with multiple competing priorities
- Experience supporting large captures (>$250M) with demonstrated success in price strategy development and application
- Understanding of finance, accounting, cost-estimating/pricing, contracting, and procurement
- Deep understanding and practical experience with the FAR and Federal agency source selection processes
- Strong financial modeling skills including high proficiency in MS excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and proposal writing, including proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate complex problems and proposed solutions from multiple perspectives at all levels of the organization
- BS degree, or advanced degree in accounting/finance/business
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Successful price strategy development for high priority captures (>$1B)
- Understanding of applicable government agency procurement requirements, evaluation approaches, and selection process including price realism, price reasonableness, and best value tradeoffs.
- Understanding of labor law compliance including FLSA, SCA, CBA and international assignments
- Broad domain experience including enterprise IT, network O&M, cyber, Agile, and product development
- Experience evaluating and implementing alternate business models such as subsidiaries, joint ventures or new business architectures
- Understanding of Leidos Win Plan, disclosed practices, and estimating process
Team leadership, supervisory, or management experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Research
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.