Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
- Hold Baggage
- Ports & Borders
- General Automation
The Microwave CAD Engineer will
translate system and module allocated features and requirements to the CAD environment and perform the CAD, model creation, design, simulation, optimization and integration of advanced active and passive RF and microwave systems and components. This position combines the excitement of developing custom solutions for products while participating in a small multi-disciplinary team working together on a variety of challenging project items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The RF Simulation and Microwave CAD Engineer will support to the ongoing Security and Detection System RF and Microwave development towards development of Security Detection Screening Products.
- This position requires the utilization of RF simulation and CAD tools to simulate for microwave circuits, components and subsystems and the integration of them through a combination of existing elements and overall design creativity into custom Integrated Microwave Modules and mmW systems.
- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout the development and NPI cycle from concept, design, and development through prototype, test verification, and documentation to create and evaluate Antenna’s, Active Phased Arrays, RF and Microwave circuits, system architectures, subassemblies and multi-function modules.
- Typical CAD modeling subjects may include multiple subsystems, MMIC’s, active components, custom filters, coupling structures, combiners, dividers, and other elements in the 10 kHz to 40 GHz frequency range.
- Develop and validate electromagnetic and circuit performance for custom circuit components, and vendor designed MMIC devices including Antenna’s, Antenna Arrays, mechanical structures and interconnects.
- Additional CAD tasking will include the ability to perform analytical cascade analysis, trade studies, modeling, hardware simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component and subsystem performance.
- The CAD Engineer will be required to optimize design and performance margins for established design requirements using various standard simulation tools.
- Assist management and team members to clarify and evolve design specifications and resolve system and module design issues.
- Support all development phases through the system level integration and production to assure total customer solutions.
- Support the prototyping team by incorporating hardware bench measured inputs into the CAD models to assure that products will perform to design specifications and reduce the overall development time.
- Participate in Design Engineering project status meetings, prepare written reports, analysis, and design review material in accordance with established development processes and procedures.
- Perform system cascade analysis modeling and system link budget analysis.
- Model, create and disseminate libraries of subsystems, and components using strong computer skills for modeling, simulation, analysis, and optimization using tools such as ADS, AWR Microwave Office, System Vue, CST, HFSS, EM pro and others.
- BSEE and a minimum of 12 years of experience in successful CAD design, simulation, and optimization work (or Graduate degree and a minimum of 10 yrs of experience).
- Experienced and proficient application of microwave circuit theory and technology for the design of RF components and subsystems, component selection, and circuit designs using S parameter device information as applied to the CAD tools and environment.
- Ability to simulate and predict RF circuit, module and system performance using CAD tools provided by either Keysight, AWR, ANSYS or other provider.
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of appropriate specifications, engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to Communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering results-oriented development environment.
- Good engineering analysis, problem solving, judgment, analytical capability, and follow-up.
- Ability to define and manage tradeoffs between cost, performance and other design parameters.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team other departments.
- Familiarity with Solidworks, and/ or AutoCad is a plus.
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
- Ability to multitask, communicate and work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality & timely results.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.