Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as an Executive Director on a major nuclear weapon acquisition program. The executive director will leverage existing capabilities within the Federal Program Office as well as coordinate activities for the Federal Program Manager in collaboration with the National Nuclear Security Administration Headquarters.
The executive director is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities and will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal Program Manager on matters pertaining to planning and integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures. This person will also assist with program guidance to resolve issues that may impact several acquisition programs.
This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices on the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque NM.
- Provide technical expertise and programmatic support and assist with the integration of the cost, scope, and schedule of the program.
- Facilitate strategic communication of programmatic information within NNSA and with external organizations including developing responses to Congress, executive NNSA managers, and stakeholders and customers to garner support.
- Provide advice, support and recommendations to Federal Program Office leadership and program engineers.
- Provide program coordination for the NNSA to sites to address programmatic requirements and inquiries.
- Assist the Federal Program Office in planning, programming, budgeting, and acquisition of required assets.
- Provide technical assistance in the coordination of program meetings, reports, presentations, and other confidential materials.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to assist with preparing program briefing outlines, assigning tasks to points of content for section content, cross check gate requirements and products delivered, ensures level of detail is negotiated with Federal Program Manager and Stakeholders at various Program gates and reviews.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience with written communication and reports that describe the completion and plans of major nuclear weapon refurbishment program execution phases for senior and executive management.
- Experience with developing and meeting the technical requirements within the program execution phases.
- Senior level experience supporting federal programs and managers.
- Experience mentoring and developing organization and staff capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop and exercise customer and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Senior-level experience coordinating and collaboration with the National Security Enterprise complex contractors and partners.
- Master’s degree or PhD in relevant fields.
- Extensive experience working with military organizations and delivering proposals and product.
- Experience in managing and driving program performance and opportunities for growth.
- Experience in large program reviews and financial reviews.
- Success in partnering with military and military contractors to deliver written product to customers and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in technical writing and oral communication.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.