The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Director, Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Contracts.
The Director of Contracts will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Contracts function and staff for the Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation within the Defense Group. This resource will act as the primary interface to the Operation Manager for all Contracts related inquiries, managing the staff resources as well as the budget across the organization.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Reston, VA with telework available.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts/subcontractors, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and coach other staff on negotiating terms.
- Provide mentoring, advice and counsel to Group counterparts and Contracts staff.
- Establish measurement and functional performance goals for staff to include career development, recruiting and staff retention, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Work with the other Operations Contract Directors within the Group.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts/subcontracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develops or reviews prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities and data request from internal / external customers.
- Focus on development and training of staff.
Requires a BA/BS OR equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts and subcontracts arenas with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 4 years experience supervising OR leading teams.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with commercial contracts.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Experience with fixed price and cost plus contracts is strongly preferred.
- Experience with IT services is a plus.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Defense business provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide – including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and NATO. Our solutions include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.