Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos has a need for a full-time Technical Communications Specialist The primary focus of this position is to assist our federal customer with communicating technical and programmatic information to stakeholders.
- Collect technical information across multiple groups at different levels (program managers, contractor partners, and field office personnel) to draft and develop position papers for federal managers and leaders.
- Analyze data and information to assess priorities, completeness, and consistency for technical and programmatic communication within and external to the program management office.
- Compose status presentations, white papers, and other deliverables that communicate schedule, cost, and production status including risks and needs.
- Capture talking points, themes, and messaging to ensure consistency between documents and presentations.
- Review and evaluate relevant program submissions, such as accomplishments, challenges, strategies and approaches, and technical data for use in communications. Provide programmatic, technical, and logistical support for classified and unclassified meetings including the development and coordination of meeting agendas, schedules, writing guidance, chapter templates, assignment lists, meeting documentation, and briefings.
- Assist with achieving day-to day objectives with particular emphasis on the preparation, creation, and publication of reports and annexes to meet Congressional requirements, ensuring compliance with key policy references.
- Edit the text and graphics for a broad range of documents for internal and external use and provide input to other strategic documents as required. Analyze audience needs and knowledge for each document under development to appropriately target the audience.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, planning meetings, team calls, video teleconferences, and other meetings held by federal leadership and team members.
- Traveling periodically to other offices to understand program content and contribute in meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of experience
- Excellent technical editing and graphics skills and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Work experience supporting federal government programs.
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers and developing documents on technical topics for lay audiences.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Knowledge and experience in handling and management of classified report, papers, briefing, and systems.
- Prior experience working on large technical documents.
- Prior experience as part of a high performing team to deliver written materials for decision making.
- Experience with iPortal and Sharepoint collaboration tools.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.