Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a project controller and earned value management system (EVMS) analyst on a major weapon acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on program management to the Federal program manager and project engineers as well as establishing programmatic liaison with project engineers at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities who are engaged in managing technical work. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project controls expertise ideally developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Project Controller/EVMS Analyst will coordinate and report on activities contributing to the successful execution of the weapon acquisition process. This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of program execution status at the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to schedule, earned value, and performance against spend plans and budgets.
Specific duties include:
- Defining requirements for resource-loaded schedules for status updates and changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Reviewing integrated master schedule (utilizing Primavera and/or Microsoft Project) to confirm interface milestones and activity durations identified in multiple NNSA Management and Operating (M&O) contractors’ schedules.
- Implementing the EVMS.
- Coordinating the change control board and change management reviews.
- Analyzing schedule and cost risk contingency using Monte Carlo analysis.
- Developing work packages for cost account managers within programs and on-going schedule tracking, analysis, and issuance of changes to work packages, working with appropriate Program Managers and other applicable organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field.
- 10 years of related program controls experience.
- Experience with project management, cost management and scheduling tools and techniques.
- Expert understanding of Earned Value Management Systems.
- Proficiency in the transition of requirements, interfaces, linkages, and risk mitigation activities associated with program scope into an integrated, resource loaded schedule with schedule and cost risk contingency analysis.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Prior project controls/systems engineering experience with NNSA headquarters, NNSA field (e.g., SNL, LANL or LLNL) or the Department of Defense (e.g., Air Force, Navy, Army, DTRA).
- PMP certification.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.