Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a Senior Program Analyst. The Program Analyst is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in order to assist the federal program manager to meet requirements for the nuclear weapon stockpile. This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices on the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the program mission and assist the federal program manager to sustain multi-weapon surveillance capabilities and multi-weapon component production capability and capacity.
- Ability to defend the mission clearly and consistently across all documents and publications both verbally and in writing.
- Facilitate strategic communication of programmatic information within NNSA and with external organizations including developing responses to Congress, executive NNSA managers, and stakeholders to garner support.
- Provide technical assistance in the coordination of program meetings, reports, presentations, and other confidential materials.
- Review submissions from the nuclear enterprise sites and provide technical analysis of requirements, requests, and products.
- Solve problems and act quickly to resolve issues.
- Understand engineering and scientific issues and translate to a lay person’s understanding.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical field.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience with written communication and reports that describe the completion and plans of nuclear weapons programs for senior and executive management.
- Senior level experience supporting federal programs and managers.
- Experience mentoring and developing organization and staff capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop and exercise customer and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Senior-level experience coordinating and collaborating with the National Security Enterprise complex contractors and partners.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Extensive experience working with military organizations and delivering proposals and product.
- Experience in managing and driving program performance and opportunities for growth.
- Experience in large program reviews and financial reviews.
- Success in partnering with military and military contractors to deliver written product to customers and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in technical writing and oral communication.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.