Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide technical, analytical, and liaison support for implementing systems engineering and configuration management functions and activities in connection with a nuclear weapon life extension progarm. The scope encompasses establishing technical and programmatic liaisons; and creating a strategic interface with decision makers and decision making tools on behalf of the Federal program manager.
This is a full time position in the NNSA offices in Albuquerque, NM
This position requires specific experience developed during engagement on large programs with Federal and/or defense agencies in the following areas.
• Development and implementation of systems engineering processes
• Configuration Management efforts and activities
• Development and integration of requirements
• Analysis and studies that support informed decision making
• Planning for verification and validation activities
• Technical and programmatic assessments
• Program reviews
• Technical support for risk management
The Configuration Management Analyst has primary responsibility to provide subject matter expertise and analysis to the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to assigned Product Realization Team component design activities, risk assessment and risk management, and assist in implementing direction. Additionally, perform Configuration Management (CM) duties to ensure all product designs are traceable to requirements; change is controlled and documented; interfaces are defined; and there is consistency between the product and its supporting documentation.
Job responsibilities include providing support for the following:
- Implementing a configuration management process encompassing internally generated and contractor generated documents, data, and shared interface documentation.
- Supporting the program management office with technical planning, tracking, and monitoring of cross-site technical activities.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining useful, practical, and comprehensive plans in coordination with the System Management Team.
- Ensuring emphasis on oversight of requirements management, and change control at the Product Realization Team level.
- Planning, implementing, and running configuration management processes for the program using a systems engineering approach.
- Documenting high-level requirements and linkages to all configuration activities.
- Administering and controlling documents following established configuration policies.
- Evaluating and auditing configuration management processes and outcomes to determine the effectiveness of configuration management control systems.
- Recommending methods for verification and validation of programmatic activities including requirements and their traceability, reviews, and testing using systems engineering principles, as well as providing assistance for implementation of verification and validation activities.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.