Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a program and policy advisor on a major weapon acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on technical program management to the Federal program manager and staff as well as establishing technical liaison with scientists and engineers at the national security laboratories, nuclear weapon production facilities, and Department of Defense who are engaged in sustaining the nation’s nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project management and engineering management expertise developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies.
This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures. This person will also assist with program guidance to resolve issues that may impact several acquisition programs.
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the Department of Defense facilities and contractors and NNSA national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities and contractors; attending meetings to monitor design and production progress and issues; and reporting these to the Federal program manager.
• Communicating complex program and budget execution concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
• Minimum 15 years of related program management and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Experience with project management/scheduling tools and techniques.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear weapon and delivery platform program experience.
• Experience with the range of administrative laws, policies, and regulations, and business practices applicable to the management of stockpile management activities.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to s[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.