Leidos is seeking a Journeyman Geospatial Analyst (JGA) to work on contracts centered on Feature Data production and performing Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) activities. Candidate must have high level of attention to detail as the ETL process is complex.
The JGA will provide the following:
- Generate mapping tables and convert data from one schema/format to another
- Utilize conversion software such as FME
- Provide support in geospatial analysis of satellite imagery to perform Feature Data collection and Quality Control of Feature Data
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups
- Must have ArcMap experience, be familiar with reading cartographic products, photo interpretation, Feature Data products
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access
- Experience with databases such as Postgresql or SpatiaLite
- Must have technical and leadership abilities and be able to demonstrate such skills.
- Must have experience in reviewing data schemas and/or developing schemas
- Must have experience with generating mapping tables to convert data from one schema/format to another
- Adapt quickly to new tools and provide ideas for new data processing tools
- Proficiency with GAIT
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related field or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience
- US Citizen
- Feature Data (preference to any of these: TDS, GGDM, UFD, GIFD, DFEG, TFEG, MGCP TRD
- , FACC ( Feature Data schemas)) experience doing feature extraction, photo interpretation, working knowledge of AFFIF/DVOF and Quality Control over imagery of Feature Extraction
- ESRI products including ArcGIS
- Knowledge and execution of AAFIF, Geonames and DVOF workflows
- Ability to train staff on GIS fundamentals
- Python, C# or Java
- ESRI software (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcSDE and ArcGIS Enterprise)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.