Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a contractor position supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to establish and maintain program process documents for a nuclear weapon production program.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located in the NNSA offices on the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM
The Nuclear Weapon Program Document Manager will be responsible for assisting a new program to establish process documentation, create standardized templates, and establish and maintain a document and configuration management protocol for the program. Specifically the duties will include:
- Assisting program engineers and managers with technical writing tasks and deliverables.
- Organizing, writing, and editing content for technical and process documents.
- Creating and maintaining electronic file templates and standards and standardizing content across platforms and media.
- Controlling documents in accordance with the configuration management plan.
- Updating and monitoring the requirements database.
- Maintaining a document repository with configuration control, possibly in SharePoint.
- Attending program reviews, conferences, workshops, and other program task related meetings; recording and transcribing meeting minutes and action items and publishing them to the appropriate audience.
- Active DOE Q clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, technical writing, graphic arts and/or communication.
- Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience with document management and technical editing.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Related courses/training in science, engineering, technical, computer science, Web design, or business/technical undergraduate degree.
- Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.