Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for people experienced in providing engineering program analysis. This position supports Leidos’ role within the nation's nuclear deterrence mission as support contractor to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Program Engineer is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial contractors engaged in sustaining our nation’s tritium supply. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures.
Specific duties include:
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the NNSA national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial production contractors, attending meetings to monitor design and production progress and issues, and analyzing situations to inform the federal program managers’ decisions.
• Communicating engineering and technical issues to federal managers, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding and providing recommendations to address the issues, including budget planning for future fiscal years.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Coordinating program activities on behalf of the program manager to achieve desired outcomes and support the mission goal.
• Providing program management support including: preparation, coordination, evaluation, review and analysis of program execution plans and tracking, monitoring, and reporting of program-specific milestones and updates of annual performance measures.
- Active DOE Q and/or DoD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 12 or more years of experience.
- 5 or more years of program management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Master’s degree.
- Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience, particularly related to the NNSA.
- Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
- Nuclear power production or nuclear weapon experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.