Leidos has opening for a Project Manager supporting the MFLC Operation Manager, contingent upon award of the MFLC program to Leidos.
This position will be a senior member of the MFLC Leadership team. The Operations Project Manager is an outstanding opportunity for a high potential, high-energy professional seeking a role with broad exposure. This position will report directly to the MFLC Operations Manager and will be responsible for managing the business rhythms of the Operation. Specific responsibilities will include coordination and preparation of presentations and materials for meetings with executive leadership, developing and implementing project plans for improvement initiatives, working to track and ensure timely closure of action items, and managing day-to-day activities.
- Ability to act in the absence of the Operations Manager
- Lead, organize, and manage multiple projects that have multiple stakeholders within multiple levels of the organization.
- Develop briefings and materials for the Operations Manager
- Support overall strategic planning and data calls
- Gain internal support, operating independently with limited supervision, and establishing a solid working relationship with program staff and the broader Leidos enterprise
- Interact with others to facilitate operational activities
- Monitor and ensure that business needs and objectives are being met
- Monitor data from operational activities to ensure the best possible care is being given to service members and their families
• Bachelors degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• High energy level and flexibility to meet a wide variety of strategic and tactical demands in an efficient and timely manner
• Demonstrated success leading and managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to create/perform in a unique role, demonstrating one’s unique value to the program
• Able to communicate and give direct feedback up, across & down the chain of command
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive organizational and business information in highest confidence
• Demonstrated courage to take risks while climbing a very steep learning curve
• Experienced with the “who & how” of getting things done through others, without formal authority, by building and using a large network
• Capable of balancing high level objectives with an appropriate level of detail to make decisions
• Ability to work collaboratively up and down and across the organization as well as with both functional and operational personnel
• Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, MS Dynamics
• Travel as required
• Prior DoD experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.