Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Team is seeking a Cyber Incident Response Analyst to support our Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) branch of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) Cyber Security Directorate.
This is a 24x7 Operation and requires shift accommodation.
CLEARANCE: An active United States DoD Secret Clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI is required!
Work Locations - Please NOTE: You may work 100% remotely, but must be within reasonable driving distance from one of the customer SIPR sites noted below. Travel to a SIPR site will be required at least two to three times per month, on average.
Vicksburg, MS or Hillsboro, OR (Preferred)
Hanover, NH; Philadephia, PA; Washington, D.C; Atlanta, GA; Champaign, IL, Tulsa, OK, Seattle, WA or Ft Worth, TX
Shift Work is Required as follows:
Shift Work Required; the shifts can be:
· Day Shift = 8AM EST - 4PM EST
· Swing Shift = 4PM EST - 12PM EST
· Night shift = 12PM EST - 8 AM EST
There are also 12 hour day shifts and 12 hour night shifts on the weekends:
· 12 Hour Day Shift = 8AM EST - 8PM EST
· 12 Hour Night Shift = 8PM EST - 8AM EST
Serves as an incident handler for USACE and ACE-IT for all computer incidents from discovery/detection, to isolation, to recover/remediation, to root cause analysis by following prescribed standard operating procedures
The successful candidate will:
- Possess experience in Incident Response and Forensics to perform Incident Handling duties as part of CIRT for the US Army Corps of Engineers Program.
- Understand key forensics and incident response concepts
- Understand and work with various categories of electronic evidence including media, email, and networks
- Study the detection and prevention of intrusion and attacks
- Understand structured digital evidence collection and evaluation
- Identify network architectures and select network components
- Monitor various cyber analytics platforms and alerts
- Perform post-breach impact/loss assessments
- Investigate/resolve ethics and/or security-related incidents
- Isolate/eradicate compromised systems
- Experience and ability to leverage CND analyst toolsets to detect and respond to IT security incidents.
- Employ effective communication that includes, web, email, IM, and telephonic, to manage security incident response procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Will accept 4 years of direct relevant experience in lieu of Degree requirement.
- Must have a Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI
- Solid technical experience in the information security field
- 2-3 years of incident response experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, PCAP
- Ability to understand SIEM, IDPS alerts and reports
- Experience with Remedy and Hive
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Other certs like CySA+, GICSP, SCYBER, Cyber Ops
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.