Our ideal candidate will work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical training products specific to CBRNE and all hazards support programs. These programs include, but will not be limited to, Chemical Materials Activity (CMA) Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD) non-stockpile munitions disposal efforts, joint military equipment system development and fielding programs, military collective protection programs, and various local, state, and federal first responder support efforts.
This position will be located in Abingdon, Maryland with a primary customer base at Aberdeen Proving Ground and Aberdeen Proving Ground – Edgewood Area.
- Provide logistics and information technology (IT) functional area expertise in support of Department of Defense and private sector contracts.
- Work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical logistics and IT products specific to chemical, biological, radio-logical, and nuclear defense programs including, but not limited to US Army Chemical Materials Agency stockpile and non-stockpile munitions disposal efforts, joint mobile laboratory development and fielding, Department of Homeland Security programs, inert munitions development and fielding, and various local, state, and federal first responder support efforts.
- Assist in the configuration and integration of automated logistics management systems for the federal government. This may include physical equipment inventories, system down-select, business process development, data upload and management, training and training material development, and help desk support.
- Work may also involve the implementation of item unique identification and radio frequency identification technology into federal and private sector applications.
- Assist in the development and conduct of briefings, research and gather relevant project data, draft technical papers, participate in project evaluations, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience OR 6 years of professional logistics and/or IT experience in civilian or military arenas to include total life-cycle management of equipment.
- Proven ability to work closely with a customer on high-visibility programs
- Due to federal contract regulations, US citizenship is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills and a strong knowledge base in automated logistics management systems.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Preference given to candidates with prior government logistics and IT system integration experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.