LEIDOS Military and Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates several openings for Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) Child and Youth Behavioral and Adult.
*** This role is based in multiple locations: Camp Pendleton CA, Eglin AFB FL, Homestead Air Reserve FL and Hurlburt Field FL ***
The primary responsibility of the this position is providing a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia.
These services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations, consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools, and consultation the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth. CYB counselors are assigned to DoDEA schools, and some cases local community schools and need to have experience working in a school setting to qualify for CYB positions.
CYB counselors are also assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and for on demand assignments. CYB counselors are responsible for working closely with military branch Points of Contact (POCs) to assure that the program is provided within the scope of the contract and meets the needs of assigned installation.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 4 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- *Licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- School based Counselors must demonstrate past experience working in a school setting or other Child/Youth Services setting
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- *Additionally: Consideration will be given to applicants meeting the education and experience requirements above who are license eligible and requiring clinical supervision toward licensure
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Certified Career Counselors
Pay and Benefits
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].