We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Systems Integration Engineer to support a contract for a VA based customer. The Systems Integration Engineer is the individual assigned to provide technical oversight and management of the execution of Engineering projects and Operations Execution. The Systems Integration Engineer focuses on ensuring the systems engineering discipline is integrated into the Operational baseline, ensuring that the engineers meet the program cost, schedule, and performance requirements. This position provides technical and programmatic oversight and management of the Engineering team and technical project execution. The successful candidate will come prepared with an expert-level mindset, breadth of knowledge, and experience that supports work on projects/matters with a range of complexity. In addition, they will also advise/direct other technical staff in support of same.
Support Engineering process:
- Support the Engineering boards by: Chairing a board, reviewing technical documentation and providing feedback to projects that are reviewed at each board: ERB, CRB/CAB ORB and ROMB
- Attend daily customer engineer meetings to discuss project status and execution
- Develop and communicate engineering status to senior leaders through effective engineering diagrams, roadmaps, and status updates
- Implement procedures/processes for managing the technical work of the different SDM teams
- Continuously assess and mitigate risk specific to operational upgrades and rollouts and track them through the ROMB and other boards
- Implement performance management methods and inform key stakeholders of program status and issues with technical projects
- Evaluate existing components or systems to determine challenges to upgrades and maintenance windows
- Identify, develop, and execute process improvements within the engineering domain across the entire contract
- Facilitate technical and managerial communications between Leidos and the customer
- Ensures the Systems Engineering discipline is integrated into the operational baseline
The Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for and manages all phases of the systems engineering life-cycle from initiation of the requirements through technical exchanges with the customer, development project SCORE card and engineering evaluation criteria, project execution, and project closeout/transition to the operations team. This effort is performed in conjunction with the Chief Engineer, CM, Project, and Operational Teams.
- Work independently and/or with a team
- Requires no management oversight and has the ability to self-start
- Lead, drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Interface with a challenging customer to understand requirements and then develop the customer communication into strong requirements that can be utilized for projects
- Derive an understanding of what is needed within unclear requirements
- Understand the different components of a deployed enterprise solution or system. Then produce Engineering documents that can be utilized for baseline control.
- Lead and assist business and technical teams in transition of projects to operations
- Ability and experience to effectively lead communication and documentation of business and technical information in line with processes and procedures
- Improve/establish process and procedure
- Ability and willingness to partner with the customers and other ISP/ASP partners in order to gain confidence and acceptance within the teams.
- Experience working within large IT enterprise environments that will allow understanding of business vision/product roadmap and the mapping of technology integration as appropriate
- Perform regular risk assessments and communicate results to project, technical or leadership team
- Ability and motivation to work to remediate all issues and barriers to progress of an initiative
- Manage third party contributions to a project as appropriate and manage communication as such
- Demonstrated work with vendor, tier 1-4 and external support
- Demonstrable experience working within Enterprise IT Systems required
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Understanding of middleware and micro-services, software, IT systems information security, problem, incident and release management, and facilitating product handover
- Show clear evidence of technical project management experience within a complex and changing/growing technology environment
- Able to operate calmly in a high-pressure environment, and work accurately with attention to detail
- Prioritize and work on multiple tasks at any one time
- Troubleshoot and solve problems in a highly customer-focused service-based environment
- Able to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Position is located at customer location and will require frequent customer interface. Candidate must be able to work independently and in a group environment.
- Modifies and/or adapts techniques and standard approaches to solve moderately difficult problems and must be highly self-motivated
- Acceptable combination of experience and technical training to satisfy education requirements considered
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Vision to understand the entire program scope and the ability to lead and motivate the subcontractor to keep progress moving
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; detail oriented
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Sufficient domain technical knowledge to lead and participate fully in technical interchanges with the subcontractor and communicate customer technical questions and concerns accurately to Leidos technical staff
- Sufficient technical or domain knowledge to oversee and evaluate products/services provided by the subcontractor
- Technical degree especially focused in IT systems desired
- Engineering degree, discipline, and background or training
- Systems Engineer training and certification
- Enterprise IT systems training, certification, and experience with various technology basis; Windows & non-Windows
- DoD 8570 Certification within 6 months of joining Program
- Significant (7+ years) working as a Technical Project Engineer, SME, multiple IT systems and infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience to work with agile approach desired
- Experience with this specific customer’s programs and facilities, desired
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.