Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
The Software Developer job responsibilities include:
- RealTime Programming on High Availability Systems
- Multi-threaded programming
- Low Level Operating Systems Customization (RedHat LINUX, AIX)
- Low Level communication software (TCP-IP, UDP, SCTP)
- Support of Common Services utilized by the ERAM Application teams
- System Maintenance Concepts
Working both as a member of a team and independently, the successful candidate will be:
- Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
- Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers.
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within the object- oriented environment on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development of ERAM system enhancements.
- Coordinating solutions with Systems Engineering.
- Supporting system debugging with Integration and Test as well as the customer sites.
This is an entry level position.
We are looking for entry level candidates who have graduated after December 2019.
- Experience with software development using C++, Ada, or Java programming language.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Python, or Korn Shell.
- Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
- Experience in use of the Linux operating systems.
- Strong integration and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
- Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.