Leidos is seeking a Tier 2 Cyber Forensics and Malware Analyst to join our team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Duties include maintaining a fly-away kit, performing dead box forensics, and dynamic malware analysis. Will support investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems. Will provide network forensic and intrusion detection support to high technology investigations in the form of researching. And will maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding, network security and encryption. In addition, the Tier 2 Analyst will help cross train and mentor other SOC Support Staff. The Analyst should have experience in monitoring and detection, and incident response to support detection, containment, and eradication of malicious activities targeting customer networks.
The CFMA team provide support during core business hours (7am – 7pm), Monday thru Friday. Flexible start times are considered. Participates in rotating on call schedule.
- Provide expert content development in the SIEM and signature creation for network security devices
- Perform critical thinking and analysis to investigate cyber security alerts
- Analyze network traffic using enterprise tools (e.g. Full PCAP, Firewall, Proxy logs, IDS logs, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to analyze an alert or a threat
- Stay up to date with latest threats and familiar with APT and common TTPs
- Utilize OSINT to extrapolate data to pivot and identify malicious activity
- Have experience with dynamic malware analysis
- Have experience performing analysis of network traffic and correlating diverse security logs to perform recommendations for response
- Utilize the Cyber Kill Chain and synthesize the entire attack life cycle
- Review and provide feedback to junior analysts’ investigation
- participate in discussions to make recommendations on improving SOC visibility or process
- Contribute to SOP development and updating
- Provide expert guidance and mentorship to junior analysts
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics, or a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field with three (3) years of experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics.
Minimum of current Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON, GISF, or GCIH
ISC2: CCFP, CCSP, CISSP CERT CSIH
EC Council: CHFI, LPT, ECSA
Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE
Defense Cyber Investigative Training Academy: FTK WFE-FTK, CIRC, WFE-E-CI, FIW
- Understand and utilize Threat Intel Frameworks (e.g. Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, Diamond Model)
- Network tool (e.g. network tap, IDS sensors, etc.) configuration for on-site assessment
- Experienced with configuring IDS sensors in a virtual environment
- Signature creation (Snort and Yara)
- Experience with host based analysis and forensics
- Familiarity with static code malware analysis
- Experienced with performing dynamic malware analysis
- Ability to perform in-depth network forensics
- Experienced with one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell in order to support cyber threat detection or reporting
- Knowledgeable about network ports and protocols (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, ICMP, DNS, SMTP, etc.)
- Experienced with network topologies and network security devices (e.g. Firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy, DNS, WAF, etc.).
Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.