Leidos is seeking a Tier 1 Email Security Analyst to join our team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
The Email Security team provides core business hour support to the program but will also support an on-call rotation to provide support after hours.
Duties include email security monitoring and threat detection. Proactively search for threats. Inspect mail traffic and alerts for anomalies and new attack patterns to identify true positives and recommend network firewall and email filtering adjustments. Investigate and analyze logs and email headers to differentiate spoofed vs compromised email. Provide analysis and response to alerts, and document activity in ESOC investigations and Security Event Notifications (SENs).
- Utilize a SIEM for email analysis
- Create Security Event Notifications to document investigation findings
- Perform critical thinking and analysis to investigate cyber security alerts
- Analyze suspicious emails using enterprise tools (e.g. email security gateways, dynamic malware analysis sandbox, cloud provider tools, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to analyze an alert or a threat
- Stay up to date with latest threats
- Monitor SPAM and Phishing Mailbox
- Work with the senior email security analyst to tune and create new email rules
- Utilize OSINT to aid in their investigation
All Tier 1 analyst candidates shall have a minimum of one (1) year professional experience in the areas listed below and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Network Administration
- Unix/Linux Administration
- Software engineering
- Software development
- Systems administration
- Help desk/IT support
Minimum of current Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
Comptia: Security+, Network+, CASP
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON, GISF, or GCIH
EC Council: CEH, CHFI, LPT, ECSA
ISC2: CCFP, CCSP, CISSP CERT CSIH
Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual in pursuit of a career in cyber security.
- Familiar with security methodologies and processes
- Common network ports and protocols (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, ICMP, DNS, SMTP, etc.)
- familiarity with network topologies and network security devices (e.g. Firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy, DNS, SMTP etc.).
- Understanding of email flow
- Understanding of email headers
- Familiarity with SPAM, Phishing and Whaling
- Office365 admin or exchange admin experience
- Email Security appliance experience
- Familiarity with or ability to learn regex
Familiarity with packet analysis tools such as regex
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.